Consistently Deliver Effective, Predictable Results
Meena Barsoum, DMD, on SureSmile® ClearAligners
According to a recent study, the clear aligner market is projected to grow at a rate of 11.5% each year.1 This projection clearly reflects the high and increasing patient demand for clear aligner therapy and the growth potential for practices that offer it. To achieve true practice success, you must be able to deliver predictable outcomes that meet or exceed patient expectations through an efficient workflow that contributes to the profitability of your practice.
Clear aligner therapy that requires less refinements results in increased patient satisfaction. Having delivered clear aligner therapy for many years, one of the biggest challenges that we faced was when patients would get caught in a cycle of refinement after refinement. This process often results in a condition referred to as "aligner fatigue," in which many patients do not complete treatment because they just simply become tired of wearing the aligners. However, since we started using SureSmile® Clear Aligners by Dentsply Sirona, we have such a predictable and systematic process that cases are tracking extremely close to the treatment plans. Even toward the end of treatment, when we're getting very minimal refinements and, of course, patient compliance remains critical, we are still achieving the results that we planned for and expected to see.
In my practice, predictability is one of the most important aspects of our success. The SureSmile software is so powerful, it allows me to plan each case seamlessly and consistently delivers very predictable results. This gives me the confidence of knowing exactly when treatment will be completed, which makes the process extremely easy, is beneficial for me as a clinician, helps with practice workflow, and allows us to provide our patients with the value of staying on track with their case plans.
Time is a huge asset to any practice, and when it comes to saving it, clear aligner treatment is no different than any other therapy that you offer. Saving chair time by completing cases efficiently and effectively provides a better patient experience and helps us maintain our bottom line. SureSmile Clear Aligners are our clear aligners of choice because we can consistently create excellent treatment plans with the support of the intuitive software and the expertise of the SureSmile Digital Lab technicians. We can deliver effective results during treatment because of the high quality and strength of the aligners themselves, and we can maintain a high level of patient satisfaction because patients are completing their treatments on time. With this combination of system features and advantages, clear aligner therapy can become a key contributor to reaching the goals that you've set for your practice.
Meena Barsoum, DMD
1. Global invisible orthodontics sales market report 2020. 360 Research Reports website. https://www.360researchreports.com/global-invisible-orthodontics-sales-market-16616944. Published October 28, 2020. Accessed September 22, 2021.
1. SureSmile Clear Aligner cases require less refinements than other aligner brands, which can have an impact on patient compliance and satisfaction as well as the overall quality of treatment outcomes
2. Efficiently completing cases that track according to plan provides a better patient experience and helps maintain your practice's bottom line
3. SureSmile software and treatment planning support make it a solution that's easy to integrate into any dental practice
4. Essix ACE® plastic provides unparalleled precision and clarity for effective tooth movement