New York, NY – November 09, 2015 – During the 91st annual Greater New York Dental Meeting, the event’s organizers will be hosting the first International Oral Cancer Symposium on Saturday November 28th for all registered Greater New York Dental Meeting attendees.
The all-day event, entitled “The Science and Practice of Treating Head and Neck Cancer,” provides a comprehensive overview of the current surgical and medical management of oral and oropharyngeal cancer patients. Diagnostic criteria and rehabilitative medicine as well as guidelines for oral cancer management will be discussed by leading experts in Otolaryngology, Pathology, Craniofacial Surgery, Oncology and Maxillofacial Prosthetics.
According to Dr. Ian M. Lerner, general chairman of the Greater New York Dental Meeting, “Oral Cancer still remains the sixth leading form of cancer, despite recent advances in the diagnosis and treatment of oral cancer. We hope this international symposium will help dental professionals connect the dots between the latest research and what they can be implementing in their day-to-day practices to reduce the mortality rates of this deadly disease.”
The Oral Cancer Symposium will cover the following areas:
• The guidelines for oral cancer management and the role of the community dentists and otolaryngologists in the management regimen
• Diagnostic criteria of potentially malignant and malignant oral lesions and understanding how to apply the criteria to standard-of-care in community practice
• The rehabilitation concerns of oral cancer patients and understanding the role of rehabilitative medicine
• How community dentists and otolaryngologists can partner with cancer specialists in the overall care of oral cancer patients
The International Oral Cancer Symposium, in conjunction with Columbia University College of Dental Medicine, has assembled an impressive roster of oral cancer experts from the fields of medicine and dentistry. Here is the list of presenters and their topics:
• Sewanti Limaye, MD / “Personalized Medicine & Genomics and Head and Neck Cancer”
• Alexander E. Pazoki, DDS, MD / "Guidelines in the Management of Oral Cavity and Oropharyngeal Cancer“
• Jack L. Martin, BA, MD and Neil Gottehrer, D.D.S. / “Clinical Application of Salivary Markers for the Early Detection of OSCC”
• Salvatore M. Caruana, MD / "Lumps and Bumps"
• M. Abraham Kuriakose, MD, DDS / “Implant Borne Dental Rehabilitation”
• Candice Zemnick, DMD / “Prosthetic Reconstruction: Intraoral and Extraoral”
• Billy Ballard, MD, DDS / "A Pathology Review of Head and Neck Lesions"
This event takes place on Saturday, November 28th from 9:30 AM to 4:30 PM at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center on 655 W 34th St, New York, NY 10001. The course # is 2020 and cost to attend is $175.00 with 7 CEUs and lunch provided. For full details, visit http://www.gnydm.com/uploads/files/2015-Program-Pages_22-Swk.pdf. To register, visit https://registration.experientevent.com/ShowNYD151/
The International Oral Cancer Symposium, officially entitled “The Science and Practice of Treating Head and Neck Cancer” is sponsored by PeriRx, LLC and the Benco Family Foundation, along with the Columbia University College of Dental Medicine, New York-Presbyterian Hospital, Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Johns Hopkins University, Meharry Medical College Department of Pathology, the Hispanic Dental Association and the National Dental Association.