Symposium Update: Atlanta Agenda Is Set
The main-stage agenda is set for the IDT International Digital Denture Symposium on September 27-28 at the Atlanta Marriott Marquis in Atlanta, Georgia.
Kicking off the education Friday at 8:00 AM will be an hour-long keynote presentation by Andrew C. Johnson, DDS, CAGS, FICD, titled "The Next Frontier in Digital Denture Design: Integrated Smile Design." Johnson's lecture is supported by AvaDent Digital Dental Solutions.
Following Johnson will be Lucio Lo Russo, DDS, PhD, presenting, "Digital Dentures Using Intraoral Scanners." Lo Russo's lecture is supported by 3Shape. A half-hour break will follow, during which attendees may network and explore the exhibit floor.
At 10:20 AM, Henk-Jan van den Heuvel, CDT, Denturist, will present, "Digital Denture Workflow and Clinical Follow-up in a Private Practice." VITA North America and Amann Girrbach are supporting this lecture.
Next up will be Benjamin D. Oppenheimer, DDS, presenting "Unique Digital Dentures: Proven Workflows Designed for You." Oppenheimer's lecture is supported by Merz Dental.
Following that will be Vincent Verderosa, MDT, CDT, presenting "My Journey with Digital Dentures: A Year in Review." Verderosa's lecture is supported by Zahn Dental and Custom Milling Center.
A 10-minute morning wrap-up will follow Verderosa's presentation, and then lunch will be served from 12:40 PM to 1:45 PM in the exhibit hall. Following lunch will be two hour-long breakout sessions, with a half-hour break in between. Attendees will have eight courses to select from in each breakout session.
Friday's final general session will be Germen Versteeg presenting "1,000+ Digital Dentures Later" from 4:20 PM to 5:05 PM. Versteeg's lecture is supported by NextDent by 3D Systems. That will be followed by a 10-minute daily wrap-up and then an hour-long cocktail reception with an open bar, supported by AvaDent Digital Dental Solutions and Dentsply Sirona.
Saturday's program will begin with keynote speaker Alexander Bendayan, DDS, CAGS, FICD, presenting, "Digital Dentures: 3D Printing Has Arrived" at 8:00 AM. Bendayan's lecture is supported by Dentsply Sirona.
Immediately following Bendayan's presentation will be another general session, the speaker and title for which will be announced soon. That will be followed by a break before the third and final hour-long breakout session.
Closing the symposium's headlining presentations will be Eric D. Kukucka, DD, presenting, "Digital Dentures: The Future Is Now!" Kukucka's lecture is supported by Ivoclar Digital.
A user panel discussion will be held on the main stage from 12:00 PM to 12:45 PM, followed by lunch in the exhibit hall.
New this year, four optional hands-on workshops will be held from 2:00 PM to 5:00 PM. Those will be supported by AvaDent Digital Dental Solutions, Dentsply Sirona, Kulzer, VITA North America, and Amann Girrbach.
Registration for the breakout sessions will be open by mid-July. Anyone who has already registered for the symposium will be emailed a unique link to select their courses. Anyone registering for the symposium thereafter will be prompted to select courses during that process.
Like the main stage, all breakout sessions will be accredited for CE through ADA CERP, AGD PACE, and the NADL/NBC. Courses include but are not limited to:
- • Sundeep Rawal, DMD, presenting, "Monolithic Hybrids/Bar-in-Puck"
- • Brian Goodacre, DDS, presenting, "Printing Dentures Testing Overview and Clinical Aspects"
- • Valerie McMillan, DDS, MS, with a presentation whose topic has not yet been announced
- • Richard Zimmerman, DDS, presenting, "Digital Denture Workflows: Unlimited Options"
- • Rune Fisker, PhD, presenting,"The Latest Innovations in Scanning, CAD Software, and Manufacturing for Digital Dentures"
- • Rik Jacobs presenting, "High-Speed Biocompatible 3D Printing Solutions for Dental"
- • Adrienne Slevin presenting, "Optimize Your Digital Dental Workflow"
- • Kris Schermerhorn, CDT, presenting, "Digital Production for Flexibles and Metal-Free Partial Alternatives" as well as "Advanced Case Design: Featuring Smile Enhancement Appliances and Unilaterals for Implants"
- • Robert Vasile and Daniel Silva presenting, "Huge Value in Digital Dentures: Jump-Start Your Removables Department"
- • Ryan McCall, DDS, presenting, "Go Digital: Denture Systems to Reduce Chair Time and Enhance Your Patient Satisfaction"
The hands-on workshops will feature limited seating and CE credits for technicians only.
Stephen F. Balshi, MBE, will present one of the hands-on courses, titled, "Design Your Digital Denture in the Cloud." The other three courses will be announced soon.
For more information, including program updates, speaker biographies, registration, and more, go to idds.cdeworld.com.