Fast and intuitive crown design software integrates with all open hardware
exocad GmbH (exocad), an Align Technology, Inc. company and a leading dental CAD software provider, today announced the release of ChairsideCAD 3.0 Galway, the next generation of its easy-to-use CAD software for single-visit dentistry, to be showcased at this year's International Dental Show (IDS) in Cologne, Germany. With this new release, exocad offers dentists design tools for a vast range of indications with a wide choice of integrated devices. The new chairside workflow is highly automated, intuitive and optimized for practice use. Newcomers to CAD/CAM can benefit from fast wizard-guided workflows, while experts can select free design sequences for greater flexibility.
The software includes a step-by-step guide through the design process and a smooth integration with open intraoral scanners, production devices and implant systems. "ChairsideCAD's open architecture means clinicians can pair it easily with their preferred open hardware devices ," said Tillmann Steinbrecher, CEO and cofounder of exocad. "This gives our users real freedom of choice helping to further one of our primary goals at exocad: creating software that's truly future-proof."
The new release offers improved automatic design proposals. Instant Anatomic Morphing enables efficient adjustments: the anatomy of teeth automatically adjusts in real-time for dynamic occlusion. Smile design with exocad's advanced 2D/3D approach is now faster, thanks to AI-based detection of facial features. exocad's cloud-based data transfer tool dentalshare simplifies the communication and collaboration between clinicians, dental technicians and production centers. ChairsideCAD 3.0 Galway seamlessly integrates with exocad's leading lab and guided surgery software programs, DentalCAD and exoplan.
Users of the new ChairsideCAD 3.0 Galway can benefit from a system that integrates with their current workflows. Further highlights include:
● Broad levels of automation – dental professionals can finalize a crown design in just a few clicks
● Greater flexibility in the selection and integration of intraoral scanners, 3D printers and milling machines
● Improved abutment design*
● Seamless connection with exocad's guided surgery solution exoplan*
● Simple interdisciplinary collaboration between practitioner and dental laboratory through efficient integration with DentalCAD, exocad's leading lab software
● Highly automated pre-op workflow: dentists can easily recreate the existing tooth anatomy if they prefer to maintain the exact same shape and function of the tooth
In 2021, for the third year in a row, ChairsideCAD was selected for the Cellerant Best of Class Technology Award.
ChairsideCAD 3.0 Galway is now available in the EU and other select markets. exocad names its releases after current EU "European Capitals of Culture" and selected the Irish city of Galway for the current release cycle.
Additional information is available at exocad.com/chairsidecad
* Product available in selected markets only. Check with your local distributor for availability.