For those looking to learn more about the evidence-based All-on-4® treatment concept,1-4 Nobel Biocare’s new free online course offers a way to build knowledge that is essential for a successful start with this proven protocol.
The training has been developed for any clinicians looking to increase their understanding of this established concept. Intended to be the perfect complement to hands-on and classroom training, the free 3-hour online course introduces the concept and covers the key considerations, from diagnostics to planning, implementation, and follow-up. The course is initially available in English and Spanish, with German, Italian, French, Russian, and Chinese versions to follow in the coming weeks.
Key elements of the course include:
· Seven diagnostic factors for the All-on-4 treatment concept
· Considerations before treatment
· Critical surgical and restorative factors
· Surgical and prosthetic workflows
· How to successfully implement the All-on-4 treatment concept in a practice
· Patient communication and marketing
Over nearly two decades, the All-on-4 treatment concept has been used to treat hundreds of thousands of edentulous patients and those with a failing dentition. It offers unique advantages over traditional treatment options for both patient and clinician and is backed by 34 clinical studies published in peer-reviewed journals featuring over 2400 patients.
The launch of the online training comes following the publication of the eBook "How you can start with the All-on-4® treatment concept," which has been downloaded more than 10,000 times since its launch in early October.
The course has been developed with Saj Jivraj, DDS, a leading prosthodontist, and Hooman Zarrinkelk, DDS, an experienced, board-certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon, who host the videos that make up the training. As colleagues in California, the two experts have been successfully treating patients with the All-on-4 treatment concept for 10 years, and are experienced educators in the required techniques.
For Jivraj, the advantages for the patient are what make developing proficiency in the All-on-4 treatment concept a rewarding achievement for implantologists.
“Patients have the option to receive fixed temporary teeth the same day,” he says. “It truly is a life changer for many out there and gives the clinician great satisfaction.”
This is echoed by co-trainer Zarrinkelk: “Obtaining the knowledge and skills to perform the All-on-4 treatment concept will transform your practice by removing the typical obstacles patients face when considering full-mouth rehabilitation.”
Upon completion of the course, participants will earn three CE credits5 and a certificate from Nobel Biocare. Those interested in registering for the training, or who would like more information, should visit nobelbiocare.com/all-on-4course.
1. Patzelt SB, Bahat O, Reynolds MA, Strub JR (2014) The all-on-four treatment concept: a systematic review. Clin Implant Dent Relat Res 16(6):836-55.
2. Lopes A, Maló P, de Araújo Nobre M, Sanchez-Fernández E(2015) The NobelGuide® All-on-4® Treatment Concept for Rehabilitation of Edentulous Jaws: A Prospective Report on Medium- and Long-Term Outcomes. Clin Implant Dent Relat Res. doi: 10.1111/cid.12260.
3. Maló P, de Araújo Nobre M, Lopes A, Ferro A, Gravito I (2016) All-on-4® Treatment Concept for the Rehabilitation of the Completely Edentulous Mandible: A 7-Year Clinical and 5-Year Radiographic Retrospective Case Series with Risk Assessment for Implant Failure and Marginal Bone Level. Clin Implant Dent Relat Res. doi: 10.1111/cid.12282.
4. Maló P, de Araújo Nobre M, Lopes A, Ferro A, Gravito I (2016) Complete Edentulous Rehabilitation Using an Immediate Function Protocol and an Implant Design Featuring a Straight Body, Anodically Oxidized Surface, and Narrow Tip with Engaging Threads Extending to the Apex of the Implant: A 5-year Retrospective Clinical Study. Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants 31 (1) 153-61.
5. Not applicable in all countries.