Straumann® is once again expanding its portfolio of regenerative solutions to better meet customer needs. Now, Straumann® Membrane Flex™ joins Straumann® Membrane Plus™, Straumann® XenoGraft, Straumann® AlloGraft, BoneCeramic™, and Emdogain™ to provide a single trusted source for dental implant and regeneration needs.
More than a barrier. Versatile flexibility.
Desirable handling characteristics
· Because it’s not side specific, it’s easy to handle and to place
· With outstanding flexibility, it easily drapes over defects and naturally conforms to contours
· Flexibility with placement as it can be easily repositioned for precise placement
· Can be placed dry or hydrated
· Even when hydrated, does not adhere to gloves or instruments
· Takes sutures or tacks with ease, for simple yet secure fixation
· Proven biomechanical strength enhances fixation assurance*
· In pre-clinical testing, of the suture pull out strength was three times higher than BioGide®*
· Because of its significantly higher suture pullout strength, can be firmly anchored to surrounding tissue with minimal risk of tearing or detachment*
Supports wound healing
· Biocompatible because it’s meticulously manufactured from highly purified intact porcine collagen and minimally cross-linked for predictable resorption
· Reduced degree of inflammation and foreign body response as compared to BioGide® in pre-clinical testing*
· Protects the graft area from unwanted soft tissue infiltration during the initial phase of healing while still allowing for healthy nutrient transfer
· Resorbs predictably over 3 to 4 months as new host collagen is simultaneously regenerated
· With a slower initial rate of resorption than BioGide®, it provides greater initial stability during the critical early weeks of healing*
· Shown through in vitro and in vivo pre-clinical testing to exceed many of the performance characteristics of BioGide®*
· Available sizes: 15x20mm, 20x30mm, 30x40mm
This new offering along with other recent additions to the Straumann portfolio are more than products they provide customers with a total solution that yields patient satisfaction and practice success.
To learn more about the new Straumann® Membrane FlexTM visit www.straumann.us/bone/
* Data on file with manufacturer