A continuing education course, “Catch the Composite Wave,” will be held in 2014 at the Center for Esthetic Excellence in Chicago hosted by Cosmedent. Taught by Dr. Bud Mopper, the course is aimed at adding value to dental practices by instructing how to achieve perfection with free hand bonding. Dr. Mopper will show attendees how to get consistently reliable results in every restorative situation: change the color of a single dark tooth to match existing dentition, learn to contour, characterize and finish final restorations, and learn proven techniques for Class III, IV and V restorations. Dr. Mopper has been lecturing about composites for over 30 years and is one of the early pioneers in direct resin bonding.
- Use materials available today to their best advantages. These include microfill, nanofill and microhybrid materials. Find out where each fits into the layering technique.
- Change color of a single dark tooth to match existing dentition with composite veneering thru step-by-step sequencing.
- Learn to contour, characterize, and finish final restorations in order to make them believable.
- Close diastemas.
- Achieve perfect line angles and perfect embrasures.
- Learn how the subtle application of opaquers can mask metal or unwanted color to create invisible restorations.
- Use tints to augment your restorations or impart translucency.
- Proven techniques for Class III, IV, and V restorations.
- Intersculpt incisal translucency.
- Properly polish restorations to acquire a long lasting, easily maintainable enamel-like luster.
- Accurately diagnose esthetic needs.
- Learn a philosophy of practice and communication that allows the patient to understand and easily accept proposed treatment plans.
To register or to learn more call Erika Heier at the Center for Esthetic Excellence at 800-837-2321 or visit www.cosmedent.com.