April is Autism Awareness Month, which helps underscore the challenges of treating a special needs patient. Dr. Steven Goldberg, DDS and the inventor of the revolutionary DentalVibe® Injection Comfort System, released a white paper back in August of 2012 titled, “Special Needs Dentistry: What Every Dentist Should Know About Effectively and Profitably Treating Patients with Special Needs.” Available for free to dental health care professionals, this comprehensive white paper thoroughly assesses the current state of special needs dentistry, highlighting the need for more dentists to cater parts of their practice to these patients. Dentists will learn how to capitalize on new advances in modern dentistry to expand their client base and help the severely underserved special needs population.
The white paper argues that special needs dentistry may be undervalued as both an ethical obligation and a business platform. Dentists know all too well the challenges of treating special needs patients. Those difficulties notwithstanding, these patients are in more dire and immediate need of attentive dental care than perhaps any other patient group. Unfortunately, there aren’t nearly enough special needs dentists in the country to accommodate the current demand. DentalVibe’s new white paper explains how any dentist can offer special needs services and make their practice available to this under-treated patient base. The white paper uncovers brand-new methods for overcoming the various challenges facing dentists who treat patients with special needs and serves as a robust marketing and educational resource for dentists all around the world.
The DentalVibe is one of the many new developments that are making special needs dentistry easier and more effective than ever before. This enlightening white paper explores those changes and walks dentists through the new face of special needs practice. By identifying solutions for each of the biggest challenges facing patients with disabilities and the dentists who treat them, this white paper makes the case that special needs dentistry can expand any dentist’s patient base without contributing to heightened professional frustration.
Special needs patients deserve the very best in care, and DentalVibe’s new white paper equips dentists with the information they need to provide it. This invaluable document offers a number of essential features for dentists, including:
• “How to Help Them” Guide: DentalVibe’s new white paper walks dentists through each of the leading treatment methods and modalities now available for special needs patient care.
• Special Needs Statistics: Dentists will learn exactly what the special needs patient situation looks like in the United States today. The numbers paint a compelling picture about the need for dental care within this population and the practice-growth opportunities available to dentists.
• Professional Support Organizations: There are several organizations that provide support specifically for special needs dentists. DentalVibe’s white paper profiles each of the leading groups.
• Marketing Advice: Special needs patients will be attracted to dentists who cater to their specific concerns. The white paper equips dentists to meet those demands and effectively market their services to those who need them the most.
• How to Use Sedation Dentistry and DentalVibe: Learn how sedation dentistry and the DentalVibe combine to make a powerful impact on the practicability and success of special needs dental treatment.
To download the white paper, please click here.
DentalVibeis dedicated to marketing the dentists who use their products. Practitioners can visit DentalVibe’s brand-new Marketing Support Center to learn all about how DentalVibe is expanding its efforts at marketing dentists and educating consumers. Producing free and informative publications like the ‘Special Needs Dentistry’ white paper is only one of DentalVibe’s many avid efforts toward marketing dental practices. The DentalVibe Dentist Locator also maximizes exposure for dentists by allowing patients to find a dentist in their area and access an exclusive, dedicated page for each practice.
Steven G. Goldberg, DDS, FADFE, graduated from New York University’s College of Dentistry and has been in private practice for more than two decades. In that time, he went on to build a successful general and cosmetic dental practice in Boca Raton, Fla., and invented the new DentalVibe Injection Comfort System. Dr. Goldberg first recognized the challenges of the pain associated with dental injections during his years as a student at NYU. He developed the DentalVibe based on Dr’s Ronald Melzack and Patrick Wall's "Gate Control Theory of Pain." This remarkable scientific device delivers a gentle pulsed vibration sensation at the area where an injection is being administered. Because vibration travels faster to the brain than the sensation of pain, a neurological gating mechanism is closed and the patient feels no pain.