You must be signed in to read the rest of this article.
Registration on AEGIS Dental Network is free. Sign up today!
Forgot your password? Click Here!
Planmeca’s CAD/CAM Solutions, driven by E4D Technologies, provide everything you need to deliver better dentistry. With the complete system, which includes the Planmeca PlanScan® scanner, laptop with PlanCAD® design software and Romexis® compatibility, and the PlanMill 40®, you can produce lab-quality restorations with remarkable speed and accuracy using the powder-free system, intuitive design software, and on-site mill. The PlanScan system is sold exclusively through Henry Schein in the United States and Canada.
The PlanScan® scanner is the only scanner in the world with blue laser technology, which means highly detailed images are captured to allow for more accurate designs. Blue laser technology, which has a wavelength of 450 nm, is more reflective, resulting in sharper images that allow for more clinically precise prosthetics.
· Plug-and-play technology for freedom to scanat multiple workstations
· Powder-free scanning and convenient removable tips for quicker transfer to next patient
· Heated mirrors to eliminate fogging while completing intraoral scans
· Thunderbolt connections for maximum data transfer in the shortest time
· Whisper-quiet fans dissipate heat, enabling uninterrupted scanning
Planmeca PlanMill 40®
Recent advancements in CAD/CAM technology have enabled clinicians to fabricate restorations that fit as well or better than laboratory-fabricated restorations. PlanMill 40® features Servo Motors for micron-level positioning, resulting in precision and a smooth finish of restorations.
· “Smart Mill” with onboard computing and touch screen display for easy navigation
· Pneumatically controlled automatic tool changer—no manual changing of tools when a bur breaks
· Mill runs quietly and isolates the motion within the center while processing a job
· Optical profiling of burs and calibration after each milling procedure allow for a faster turnaround
Planmeca PlanCAD® and Romexis® Software
Designing a perfect-fitting crown is made easy with the PlanCAD® design software. With rich graphics and easy-to-follow navigation, the CAD/CAM module automatically positions and shapes the selected tooth template to match the central grooves, cusp heights, and marginal ridges of the actual proximal dentition. Planmeca Romexis compatibility within the 3D module option allows practitioners to seamlessly integrate 3D scans with digital scans to create the perfect treatment plan—ideal for implant cases.
· Fast scanning and robust design tools allow you to completesingle-unit to full-arch capture
· ICE View provides a clear, clinically accurate look at captured images and allows you to identify and more accurately make the margins
· DIMCOM files from most systems can be imported into Romexis® software
· Romexis® open STL file format allows for use on and integration withany system
· Files can be stored online and be sent to outside labs using Planmeca’s Cloud service
Planmeca CAD/CAM Division | 972-234-3880 | www.planmecacadcam.com