You must be signed in to read the rest of this article.
Registration on AEGIS Dental Network is free. Sign up today!
Forgot your password? Click Here!
Shade Taking Now More Affordable and Easier To Use
With the growing importance of esthetics in the dental industry, X-Rite Incorporated (Grand Rapids, MI) products take the guesswork out of measuring and communicating the color of teeth. The emphasis on esthetic dentistry and the ability to create natural-looking restorations is more important than ever. One of the essential pieces of information to achieve beautiful restorations is color. Dentists still rely on their own visual acuity to perform shade matching—a completely subjective technique that is prone to numerous errors.
Shade-X (Figure 1) is the newest addition to X-Rite’s dental technology product line that complements its award-winning ShadeVision® system. While ShadeVision continues to be one of the most detailed and comprehensive shade matching systems sold today, the new Shade-X is an innovative, affordable, and accurate spot shade-taking device. Shade-X is the first instrument available for less than $1,000. This breakthrough instrument takes an accurate measurement in less than half a second, taking the guesswork out of shade taking, and supports the most widely used shade guides as well as CAD/CAM block selection.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
Shade-X can prove to be invaluable to clinicians. Among its features:
it is the only shade-taking device available for under $1,000;
most shade guides are supported—including direct composite and CAD/CAM block selection;
it has the fastest measurement speed—less than 0.5 second;
it has a simple, icon-based user interface;
it has a quick start guide (multiple languages);
it comes with convenient, disposable tips and protective barriers; and
it is battery operated (AAA alkaline batteries).
EASY TO USE
There are just a few simple steps:
1. Attach a new disposable tip to the instrument and give it one eighth of a turn to lock it into place.
2. Place the Shade-X into the cradle and push the read button to calibrate (once the calibration is complete, the device will display a green check mark).
3. Next, place a disposable protective barrier over the entire instrument.
4. Position the tip flush against the facial surface and press the read button, holding steady—instrument will beep upon completion of measurement in less than 0.5 seconds (Figure 2).
5. The shade should be displayed.
6. Press the right or left buttons under the display screen to toggle between the different shade guides, incisal shades, and CAD/CAM assignments that are built into the Shade-X system—if the shade guide does not offer a match the screen will display a “no match” icon.
X-Rite is a global leader in color measurement and color management, offering hardware, software, and services for measuring, formulating, and matching color. The company serves a range of industries, including printing, packaging, photography, graphic design, video, automotive, paints, plastics, textiles, dental, and medical. X-Rite serves customers worldwide from its offices in Europe, Asia, and the Americas.
For more information, contact:
The preceding material was provided by the manufacturer. The statements and opinions contained therein are solely those of the manufacturer and not of the editors, publisher, or the Editorial Board of Inside Dentistry. The preceding is not a warranty, endorsement, or approval for the aforementioned products or services or their effectiveness, quality, or safety on the part of Inside Dentistry or AEGIS Communications. The publisher disclaims responsibility for any injury to persons or property resulting from any ideas or products referred to in the preceding material.
|Figure 1 Shade-X is a spot shade-taking device that takes an accurate measurement in less than a second.||Figure 2 Holding the instrument steady, position the tip flush against the facial surface and press the read button to get a measurement.|